Friday, December 23, 2011

"I Will Not Forget You"

Jerusalem says, "The LORD has deserted us; the Lord has forgotten us."  "Never!  Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would never forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem's walls in ruins." Isaiah 49: 14-16

When hard times come, you may think you've been forgotten, that He is unaware of your heartache and uninvolved in your life.  But He has bound Himself to you in a covenant love, and He could never forget you.  He could never stop caring about your suffering or supplying your needs.  He is watching over you and thinking of you always.  When He sees your name written on His hand, your concerns become His concerns.  He sees not only your name, but every other aspect of your life- every joy, every struggle, and every need.  You are never off of His mind, out of His sight, or away from His loving care.

Lord, when I think you are distant and do not care, I need only to picture Your hands, see my name written there, and remember that I am always before You because of Your covenant love.  Thank you for the hope that you constantly send coming for me.  I pray for a stronger faith in You, I pray that You speak to me in the light of the dark.  God, show me Your grace, and its sufficiency.  Father, I pray You rain your love and mercy in my life, my family's life, my friend's lives, the world's lives.  God help us grasp how much You care for us... How you care enough to engrave our names in Your hands that were pierced with nails.  We think and thank you, during this season of Christmas, and also for the rest of our days.  Thank you for Your unfailing love and forgiveness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment